What Information We Collect from You;
In general, we receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date).
We may also request information about your location, travel plans and workspace preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Harbour84 and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a Harbour84 user or member.
For example, only registered members are able to provide workspace reviews, participate in discussion forums, email Harbour84 content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and workspace content and deals, and enter surveys and contests. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others;
You will have the opportunity to provide contact and workspace-related information for other people (for example colleagues, guests) through our Website. If you make a reservation for someone else through Harbour84, you will need to submit that individual’s personal information. You must obtain the consent of other individual(s) prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account, unless they choose to set up an account in their own name.
Information from Other Sources;
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Harbour84 by “clicking through” from a site operated by one of our business partners or Clients, then information about you that you have provided to that partner or that they hold for you may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information.
As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Website in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit Harbour84. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customise your user experience.
If you make a booking request with Workspace Partners facilitated by Harbour84, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will not share this information with our workspace partners, and it will remain securely held on our server for the purposes of taking payment once the booking is confirmed. Should you wish to create an account with Harbour84 you can choose for your payment details to be held securely to facilitate future bookings.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices:
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Harbour84 website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information.
We may use the location information collected from your Device to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our App. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies;
- To help us customise the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognise your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon). The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
- Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
How We Use Your Information
Harbour84 uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site;
- to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Harbour84 and invitations from the Harbour84 community;
- to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the Harbour84 community;
- to facilitate your booking of workspaces;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
- to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customize your experience with Harbour84, including customizing the ads shown to you;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct
Harbour84 may share your name with the following entities:
- Suppliers, including but not limited to workspace managers or owners who fulfil your workspace related reservations
- throughout Harbour84
Social Media Services
You can choose to access certain third-party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook and Instagram). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social media websites.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Harbour84, our customers, or others, and in connection with our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
How You Can Access Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Member Account page on the Harbour84 Website. You can close your Harbour84 account by contacting us by email at email@example.com .
Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your Choices with Respect to The Collection and Use of Your Information
As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Harbour84. You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Harbour84 account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information. Please note, however, that we may retain in our files some information associated with your account and past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
As a registered Harbour84 member, you can modify your email subscription choices at any time on the Member Account page. Whether registered as a Harbour84 member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
Harbour84 wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of workspace related opportunities through our Website and App. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent workspace-related interests. For example, if you search for a workspace in London, we may send you an email message reminding you about special workspace offers in London. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about workspace-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Harbour84, you may not be able to access portions of our site.
How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using Harbour84, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Harbour84 is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
How You Can Contact Us
Please be aware that calls to and from Harbour84 may be recorded. We may use the call recordings to monitor our customer service for quality or compliance purposes, to check the accuracy of the information you provide us, for fraud prevention purposes, or to provide training to our staff.